Our client is one of the world’s leading suppliers of sensing, electrical protection, control and power management solutions. They design and manufacture devices that help satisfy the world’s growing need for safety, energy efficiency and a clean environment in global automotive, appliance, aircraft, industrial, military, heavy vehicle, heating, air-conditioning and ventilation, data, telecommunications, recreational vehicle and marine markets.
They are a rapidly growing $3.3 billion business with operations and business centers in 13 countries and over 22,000 employees worldwide, including 900 people in mostly engineering, business development and corporate support roles at their U.S. headquarters.
They pride themselves on being a leading global company with strong, local decision making and innovative, complex products that make a real difference. They have a reputation for unwavering integrity and offer global exposure to world-class talent and significant personal growth and development opportunities.
The Customer Quality Engineer manages several customer accounts in all aspects of Quality and continuous improvement.
Specific tasks include:
Developing a strategy to manage specific customer accounts
Leading the team to quickly resolve customer quality issue.
Working with customers to satisfy their requirements
Understanding customer specific requirements
Leading and/or participating in quality teams and reviews.
Reporting of quality metrics to the local and global teams.
Utilize traditional and advanced Quality planning tools
Setting quality goals and improvement plans
Documenting and working with lessons learned
Reviewing and improving Control Plans
Working with production sites to drive manufacturing improvements.
8D/Corrective action management for customer quality issues
Supporting new business opportunities and new product development programs
Supporting Change Manage Programs
Quarantine poor quality material in warehouse.
Reduce Cost of Poor Quality
Ability to work independently and prioritize responsibilities.
- 2 – 5 years experience in Mechanical, Design, or Process Eng
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- Strong customer interface experience
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results
- Strong planning, organization, and communication skills
- Ability to lead people and work with international teams
- Fluent in English.
- Strong skills in analysis of data
- Experience with some common tools used in this role, include PPAP, FMEA, Control Plans, and 8D methodology, 5 Why Analysis, Ishikawa (ie Fishbone) diagrams.
- Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Excel, Work, PowerPoint)
- 10-15% travel expected (domestic and international)
Preferred requirements include:
- Written and verbal communication skills in other European languages.
- Background in Process Engineering
- Knowledge of the new product development process
- Six Sigma training
- Lean training
- Design for Manufacturability
- CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) certification
- Contract review.
- Experience in a high volume manufacturing environments
- Familiarity with Oracle and/or Trackwise is beneficial.
No, but I will graduate/have graduated in The Netherlands, Yes, I am a national of a EU/EEA country, No, I need a work permit to be arranged, No, but I will graduate/have graduated MA/Msc level at a global top-150 University, I have general work permission for the country of the vacancy I applied for
We offer you a competitive compensation package and a career in an international environment with growth opportunities in our company. You’ll become part of the team based in Hengelo, that consists of engineers and project managers, working closely together with each other, the other sites and our European customers. Our employees are the reason we have been successful in the past and the reason we will be successful in the future. Employees’ skills, talents and work ethic have defined the business and will shape our collective future.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.careersineurope.eu/index.php/page/applicants/command/applyforjob/vid/733189/bb/1/SiteId/3 →