Syncreon delivers tailored, progressive and scalable solutions to premier global automotive and technology brands, such as Jaguar Land Rover, Harley Davidson, BMW, Dell, Xerox and Canon. We supply 3PL and 4PL solutions that adapt as quickly as industry and the marketplace evolve. For over 60 years syncreon has provided unique and innovative expertise in: contract logistics, warehousing management, inbound to manufacturing, reverse and repair, export packing, aftermarket services, fulfilment services and transport. Today we have 14,000+ employees working in 100+ locations worldwide who enjoy our supportive culture, dedication to work-life balance, people development and superb career opportunities. For more information, visit www.syncreon.com.
Interested in joining a dynamic and growing 3PL as a Process Engineer where lots of engineering challenges await? Our engineering team based in Tilburg (Netherlands), working on continuous improvements, operational efficiencies and layout, are looking for a motivated and experienced colleague with a strong background in supply chain management.
How you will contribute:
- Continuously improving our existing internal processes and layouts, through the use of common improvement tools (some of which are listed under requirements), techniques and experience, to deliver increased performance in productivity, innovation, working capital and cycle times, resulting in increased efficiencies and cost reductions;
- Supporting the operations team including process optimization and improving performance;
- Conduct analysis and feasability studies for new requirements for customers and new product introductions.
- Present solutions and commercial models as part of the business development process base don headcount reduction, innovation, automation et cetera.
- Assisting in new business launches on site;
- Build and maintain relationships with various syncreon customers, syncreon stakeholders and contractors from an engineering perspective.
You will work with the operations team and other functions, both on site and internationally, to meet engineering goals and objectives that deliver results in line with the business plan. Through improving existing processes, implementing new projects and launches, you will have the opportunity to grow and to develop both personally and professionally, with a view to potential further progression with syncreon.
Your Key Qualifications
- Hold a Bachelor or Master degree in Logistics or equivalent, preferably with a technical background, in Logistics, Process, Industrial, Manufacturing or equivalent engineering discipline;
- Have at least 5 years relevant experience, theoretical and practical, in a process environment within logistics warehousing;
- Have a strong process analysis background with analytical and statistical skills;
- Have proven process improvement experience and skills utilising common improvement tools – Lean, 5S Visual factory, Waste, MTM and time studies, six sigma, TPM, VSM, standardised work, pull systems etc;
- You will be expected to demonstrate good interpersonal, communication and influencing skills, leadership, time and task management, the ability to build strong stakeholder relationships, change and innovation, and technical acumen;
- Capable of working independently, focused and driven, capable of decision making based on facts and data, whilst under pressure yet deliver on time;
- Ability to communicate and present findings effectively across all levels of the business;
- Demonstrated ability in relevant computer skills such as MS Office, Visio, AutoCAD, Project
- Travel may be required between Dutch sites from time to time.
You have the nationality of one of the EU or EEA countries or Switzerland, and are not in need of a work permit to be arranged. If you are a non-EU/EEA citizen and would need work permission for the Netherlands, we can unfortunately not consider your application. Thanks for understanding.
Yes, I am a national of a EU/EEA country, I have general work permission for the country of the vacancy I applied for
Syncreon offers exciting and challenging roles within a growing international organization. We strive to hire and develop the right people, locally and globally; stimulating personal growth and self-development within an informal atmosphere. We offer a market competitive compensation package.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.careersineurope.eu/index.php/page/applicants/command/applyforjob/vid/739657/bb/1/SiteId/3 →